- 10kg Flour
- 100g Mixed Spice
- 40g Melange
- 220g Dry Instant Yeast
- 100g Improver
- 200g Salt
- 1kg Sugar
- 500ml Bakery Oil
- 3kg Sultanas
- 1.5kg Currants
- 5.5L Water (approximately)
Ingredients – Easter Cross
- 1kg Cross Mix
- 1L Water
1. Add all ingredients minus the fruit and mix with spiral mixers – slow: 2 minutes, fast: 7.5-8.5 minutes. Cake mixers – 1st speed: 15 – 18 minutes
2. Add fruit in the last minute of mixing. Ensure that fruit is evenly distributed through dough. Finished Dough Temperature: 28 – 30C
3. Allow 10 minutes recovery time. Scale at 2.5kg heads and moulds.
4. Rest for further 10 minutes before final molding.
5. Mould and tray up 5 x 9 on a pre-greased baking tray
6. ¾ Prove at 38C and 86 per cent relative humidity
7. Remove from prover and cross with cross mix.
8. Bake at 190C – 200C for approximately 18 – 25 minutes.
9. Immediately after removing from the oven wash with bun wash and allow cooling.
- Combine Easter cross mix and water with either a hand whisk or cake machine with whisk attachment.
- Mix until a smooth batter is achieved (Do not over mix; make up only what you need).
Original Recipe: Lesaffre