LESAFFRE Brioche mix is designed to make it easier to create the perfect brioche- with a rich golden crust and a soft, buttery, almost cake like crumb. It streamlines the preparation process so you can be creative with your own shapes and flavour variations to attract the attention of the growing number of brioche lovers in Australia.
This formula for classic French brioche yields soft, rich and fluffy rolls and loaves with an extra tender crumb. Made with the addition of Saf Gold Instant dry yeast, which is specially designed for higher sugar doughs, this formula makes a great base for you to get creative in your bakery and develop a wide range of tasty possibilities
|Ingredients||%||1 kg||15kg Bag|
|Lesaffre Brioche Mix||100||1.000||15.000|
|SAF Gold Instant Dry Yeast OR Lesaffre Compressed Yeast||2.4 6||0.024 0.060||0.360 0.900|
- Water is variable.
1. Before Mixing, Combine Sultanas, Currants and Soaking Water (cold tap) in a bowl or bucket and allow to soak, minimum 20min.
2. Add all ingredients to mixer, excluding Mixed Spice, Sultanas and Currants.
3. Mix until dough has achieved full development
(Mixer types and speeds vary, ensure dough is fully developed)
4. Add Mixed Spice, mix on high speed until Spice is evenly dispersed and cleared.
5. Add Sultanas and Currants, mix on low speed mix until combined
(over mixing will result in discoloration of the dough and breakdown of fruit)
- Finished Dough Temperature approx. 28°C
- Rest (Bulk Ferment) 10 minutes
- Divide dough in to required weights (Buns 80g – 90g)
- Rest for 10 minutes
- Round and place on lined baking trays
- Final Proof 45 to 60 minutes (35 – 38°C. 80 – 85% RH)
- Bake Buns @ 200 – 220°C 20 – 25 minutes (depending on oven type)
Adjustments or variations to mixing times and baking times/temperatures may be required based upon individuals equipment
Original Recipe: Lesaffre