An Easter tradition with all the same delicious flavours and textures with a slightly tangy twist.
100g Mixed Spice
220g Dry Instant Yeast
400ml Saftem Oil
5.5Ltr Water (Approximately)
2% S400 Devitalized Rye Sourdough
- Add all ingredients minus the fruit and mix with spiral mixers – slow: 2 minutes, fast: 7-8 minutes.
Cake mixers – 1 at speed: 15-18 minutes.
- Add fruit in the last minute of mixing. Ensure that fruit is evenly distributed through dough.
- Allow 10 minutes recovery time. Scale at 2.5kg heads and moulds.
- Rest for further 10 minutes before final moulding.
- Mould and tray up 5 x 9 on a pre-greased baking tray.
- ¾ Prove at 38C and 86% relative humidity.
- Remove from prover and cross with cross mix.
- Bake at 190C – 200C for approximately 18 – 25 minutes.
- Immediately after removing from the oven wash with bun wash and allow cooling.
Original Recipe: Lesaffre