Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 42 minutes
Servings 18 cookies
Author: Pepe Saya Buttery – Based on Chef David Lovett’s Recipe
- 100g round of Oomite Butter softened
- 200g brown sugar loosely packed,
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 130g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180º C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the Oomite x Pepe Saya Butter, sugar and cocoa in a mixer, you may need to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix again. You may need to give it a bit of a stir with a spatula to help incorporate.
- Mix in flour and baking powder, then gently stir in 1 cup of your chocolate chips. Just don’t over mix. If the dough feels wet, pop it in the fridge for half an hour to make it easier to roll the cookie balls.
- When ready, use a tablespoon to divide the dough into balls/scoops on the lined baking trays. Ours are roughly 30-35g each with 8 to a tray. Press a few choc chips on top of each one. Be sure to leave a little space between each cookie and chill in the fridge for 20mins.
- Bake for 8-12mins they’ll be a little soft when they come out. Allow them to cool completely if you can wait that long!
As they are a thin, chewy cookie they are perfect for making ice cream sandwiches!