Traditional Fruit Mince Tarts made with Sweet Vanilla Bean shortcrust pastry, the perfect addition to any Christmas festivities.
Prep/Cook Time: Prepare Fruit mince at least 1 day ahead of baking
• 2 x 435g Carême Vanilla Bean SweetShort Crust Pastry defrosted
• 240g cored & grated apple (Granny Smith)
• 120g melted unsalted butter
• 180g raisins
• 120g sultanas
• 120g currants
• 120g candied mixed peel
• 120g dried cranberries (optional)
• 180g soft dark brown sugar
• Grated zest & juice 1 orange
• Grated zest & juice 1 lemon
• 40g slivered almonds
• 2 teaspoon mixed ground spice
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• Pinch nutmeg grated
• 3 tablespoons brandy
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the fruit mince ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Cover bowl with a clean cloth and leave in a cool place overnight to allow flavours to mingle. If not using straight away pack in a clean, dry container and store in the fridge for up to two months.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Working with one pack of pastry at a time, use a 7.5cm pastry cutter and cut 24 circles, lightly grease the patty tins and line with the pastry circles, pop this in the fridge. Meanwhile re roll the pastry trim and cut 24 stars.
- Fill the lined patty tin with fruit mince and top with a pastry star.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- To serve dust with icing sugar.
- Note: Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Tip: Suitable for freezing.