Gluten Free, Peanut Free, MSG Free, and Vegan.
- 1 block of tofu, firm or extra firm
Spicy Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mrs Tran’s Kitchen Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) Mrs Tran’s Kitchen Sate Chilli Oil. (Note: This can be omitted for a non-spicy version)
- 1/4 cup water
- Cut the tofu into equal, square portions.
- Add oil in a pan or a wok and heat it on medium-high heat.
- Fry on both sides for about 5 minutes, or until tofu turns light yellow-brown and crispy on the outside.
- Take the tofu out and let it rest before eating.
- Put all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Drizzle on top of tofu or use as a side dipping sauce.
We love to enjoy this dish with steamed rice and a herb salad.